Jan. 2019 UPDATE
- René's busy drumming, teaching, performing, see schedule
- www.kingsmenthunderdrumline.com click on PAYPAL Rex Putnam High School Drum Line
- Book Rene' on piano for your wedding or event!
- René's band HERE COMES EVERYBODY. New Video posted.
Drum Studio List
Here Comes Everybody
René Ormae-Jarmer - Official Resume
Milwaukie, OR 97267
www.herecomeseverybody.com or www.renesdrumstudio.com
Lewis & Clark College—Portland, OR--Bachelor of Arts in Music, June 1992
Clackamas Community College—Oregon City, OR--Music, French, Business, 1982 to 1985
Rex Putnam High School—Milwaukie, OR--Marching, Pep, and Jazz bands, Symphonic drumming including Musicals
Have Studied With: Sam Henry, Don Worth Sr., Mark Goodenberger, currently Brett EE Paschal (2009) and Alan Jones
Vic Firth Educator (awarded status December 2009)
- Jazz, Rock, Latin Drum Set, Orchestral and Rudimental drumming
- Small and Large Percussion Xylophone, Marimba, Gamelan (Balinese style percussion)
- Piano and Electronic keyboards
Private Teaching Experience: 1992 to Present:
- Currently the Drumline Director at Rex Putnam High School (Kingsmen Thunder)
- Taught at the “Ladies Rock-n-Roll Camp” (benefit for the Girls Rock-n-Roll Camp organization)
- Taught drum and piano lessons privately and as a contracted employee through Chordination, an established private music lesson organization (1992-1994)
- Clinics and group classes at Rex Putnam, Clackamas, Gladstone High Schools, Kraxberger, Sellwood Middle School and Oregon Episcopal School
- Taught at the French American School for “Music Week” for first graders.
Academic Performance Experience: 1982 to 1992
- Percussive Arts Society Member (current member)
- Drummer for LC College Jazz, Pep, Symphonic bands, LC Percussion Ensemble and several small jazz combos
- Studied Drum Set, Timpani, Xylophone, Marimba, small hand percussion under Mark Goodenberger (currently at UofW)
- Played in Gamelan for the Opera production “King of Bali”, by Vincent McDermott
- Performed with Portland jazz trumpet player Gary Barone and received recognition by Willamette Week for performance with John Faddis (nationally acclaimed jazz trumpet player and Dizzy Gillispie’s protégé)
- Attended PASIC (Percussion Arts Society International Conference) and attended seminars, master classes, clinics, and performances by world renowned percussionists such as Ed Shaughnessy, Terry Bozzio, Poncho Sanchez, Chad Wackerman, Elvin Jones, and many others
- Participated in LC London Fine Arts overseas trip, Spring 1992
- Various other free-lance drum set and orchestral performances as well as playing piano for weddings
- Studied Classical piano with Master Pianist Lee Fricke at LC two years and with Arlene Zeller during 1994
- Percussionist in Clackamas Community College Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble
- Studied with highly acclaimed teacher Don Worth Sr. on xylophone, orchestral and rudimental snare drum.
- Performed with famous jazz composer Tex Beneke (“Chattanooga Choo-Choo” and other big band hits).
- Toured with CCC Jazz Ensemble to Hawaii
- Member of Lewis & Clark Jazz and Percussion Ensembles, Played in many LC Combos and Symphonic Band
Professional Experience: 1985 to Present
- Member and Manager of Northwest piano-based pop rock band Here Comes Everybody ( indie Refrigerator Records)
- Extensive experience performing at colleges, clubs, large concert halls, festivals and private concerts including: The Aladdin Theatre, The Seattle and Portland Bite, Silverton Arts Festival, Hawthorne Street Fair,, Borders and Starbucks, U of O, PSU, CCC, MHCC, OSU, LC, and many other colleges
- Have released over 12 products and toured the West Coast and Northwest consistently over the last 17 years
- Have appeared on Good Day Oregon and other various Northwest cable TV shows as well as been featured on radio including KINK, the BUZZ, NPR’s CarTalk, KBOO, KNRK and other various Northwest cable and radio stations
- Have played and recorded with local and national bands and songwriters including: Lea Krueger, Nicole Campbell, Susie Blue, The Decemberists, Kaitlyn Ni Donovan, the FIXX, Moxy Fruvous, Modern English, Tom Grant, and many others
- Experience in many different recording studios including Whitehorse, Kung Fu Bakery, Bungalow 9, Sound Impressions, as well as part-owner and operator of Funny Farm Recording Studios
- Experience in free-lance Top-40 and experimental drumming environments
- Worked with Rex Putnam High School Drum Line (Feb. - June 2009) and Clackamas Drum Line (Sept. 2009).
- Member of Immersion Composition Society. Portland Chapter: Veronica Lodge (power-song-writing group that produces 6 songs within a 24 hour period and presents them at monthly meetings). National/International organization.
- Freelance drummer for musical theatre orchestra pits: has performed with many theatre companies including: New Century Players, Stumptown Stages, Broadway Rose Theatre, Triangle Productions, Lakewood Theatre, and several other musical theatre companies. Have performed many musical theatre works such as: RENT, PUTNAM CO. SPELLING BEE, HAIRSPRAY, FOOTLOOSE, ARI MARIA (an original work), IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (by Michael Allen Harrison), SHE LOVES ME, WHODUNNIT (the musical), ANDREWS BROTHERS, CINDERELLA, and many other productions…..