Jan. 2019 UPDATE
- René's busy drumming, teaching, performing, see schedule
- René is the director for the award-winning KINGSMEN THUNDER DRUMLINE (Rex Putnam HS, Milwaukie OR). check out website below for info!
- www.kingsmenthunderdrumline.com click on PAYPAL Rex Putnam High School Drum Line
- Book Rene' on piano for your wedding or event!
- René's band HERE COMES EVERYBODY.
Drum Studio List
Here Comes Everybody
Yes, I am a drummer/percussionist, but I also play and teach piano and have done so professionally for over 25+ years. See my music resume on my bio page for a history of my work with other piano lesson companies and experience. I have been very fortunate to have studied with some of the best teachers in Portland/Milwaukie: Lee Fricke (Lewis & Clark College Piano master), Arlene Zeller (a very popular piano teacher in Milwaukie), Mike Horsfall, an advanced teacher/performer whose specialty is jazz, just to name a few. I still take lessons. I pass along my knowledge to my students. A true pianist and musician is NEVER done learning.
Piano teachers are a "dime-a-dozen". HOWEVER, a good instructor knows how to work with kids, has a music degree, experience performing and recording in different settings, and a track record with a strong referral list. I have all of those credentials and I'm not shy about mentioning it. I have also taught preschool music classes at Sellwood Bilingual Preschool (puppets, rhythm training with percussion, sing-a-long songs and movement etc). As a mother of a 10-year old, I truly enjoy working with kids of all ages and adults. I have had several background checks in N. Clackamas, Portland, and Beaverton School Districts due to my drum line and teaching master classes in percussion during the past 25 years. I also play professionally in musicals around the PDX area. Usually it is as a percussionist/drummer, but occasionally I get handed keyboard or mallet parts. This is where theory and piano experience comes in.
Here at my drum AND piano Studio, a strong student/teacher relationship is essential and key to student success. Lessons are structured but fun. There are two piano recitals a year and I can help your student, age 6 on up (younger by evaluation only) learn not only the mechanics of how to play the piano, but a love of music in all it's forms. I provide the following:
* Piano Basics (I Use Alfred's Method Books and supplemental handouts).
* Music Theory
* Classical, Popular: Beginning through Upper Intermediate and beginning Jazz Introduction
* Reading Music and overall Musicianship
* How to be a professional and recording tips
The setting is in my English Tudor in Milwaukie. A park-like setting surrounds the home and a beautiful black Kohler & Campbell 5'3" baby grand is the perfect instrument to learn on. See the rates page for lesson rates. Family discounts apply. If you refer a student and they take lessons, you get a free lesson!
CALL NOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR LESSONS. Times vary.